WARNING: Attendees who are susceptible to information overload should proceed very slowly.
This information is slated to go out also as an email, but due to some technical issues, I have been delayed in sending it. In the meantime, read on for information about:
- F&FA Bookstore Submissions
- Dietary Restrictions
- Editor, Agent and Mentor Appts.
- “Would This Manuscript Make the Cut?”
1. Do you want to sell your book in the F&FA Bookstore at Realm Makers? You can bring books to the conference and we will make them available in our bookstore! However, we need to know ahead of time. Please send the following information for each book you intend to make available to info[at]faithandfantasyalliance[dot]com. If you have multiple titles, please attach a spreadsheet. We need…
- # of Copies Sent: (If unknown at this time, write “TBD”)
- List Price:
- Conference Price: (Bear in mind, there is a $1 processing fee that will be retained by F&FA for selling your book in our bookstore. Rounding to the nearest dollar will help make the process of providing change easier.)
2. We would like to accommodate any dietary needs you may have at our banquet. Do you follow a gluten free or vegan diet? Please make us aware of any needs you have in this regard.
3. Editor, Agent, and Mentoring appointments are available by lottery. Today is the first day to submit your request for appointments. In order to be eligible for the available spots, reply to this email with the following information by July 20th: Your name, Title of your book, Word Count, Genre/subgenre, First Choice editor/agent/mentor for appointment, Second Choice editor/agent/mentor for appointment. Confirmation of your appointments will be provided when you check in at the conference.
PLEASE NOTE: You must submit your choices no later than midnight, July 20th. No submissions after this point will be able to be considered. You will find out who your appointments are with when you check in either Thursday night or Friday morning of the conference
Follow this link for complete details, https://faithandfantasyalliance.wordpress.com/2013/07/10/editor-agent-and-mentoring-appointments-at-realm-makers/
4. “Would This Manuscript Make the Cut?” You have the opportunity to submit the first 250 words of your unpublished manuscript to be read aloud at the conference and have a panel of editors discuss whether or not they would keep reading or move on to the next project in the slush pile. Of those submitted, only three to five will be chosen to review at the conference. For a chance to find out whether your manuscript would make the cut, send the first 250 words in the body of your email to: info[at]faithandfantasyalliance[dot]com. (No attachments, please). Put “Make the Cut Submission” in the subject line.
Do you think you’re brave enough to hear what kind of impression your work is making? This will be a valuable experience for everyone listening to the session. So if you’re game, send your submissions before July 25th. If you have a decent poker face, nobody will know it’s your work being commented upon if you don’t want them to.
Just 18 days left! Are you excited? Are you ready? Are you even registered? If not, don’t wait. A few seats still remain.